Plant a radish, get a radish, never any doubt. That's why I love vegetables, you know what they're about! ~Tom Jones and Harvey Schmidt
This is an easy and quick recipe for a light meal. It serves well as a side.
You will need
Kundru- 250 gm,cut into long strips
Tomato- 1 medium, chopped
Salt- 1/2 tsp or to taste
Haldi/Turmeric powder- 1/4th tsp
Dhaniya powder- 1 heaped tsp
Red chilli powder- 1/4th tsp
Heeng/ Asafoetida powder- 1 pinch
Jeera/Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
Oil- 1/2 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a wok.
2. Add heeng and jeera. Let jeera sizzle and brown.
3. Add Kundru. Toss it around on a medium flame. Cover and cook on a low flame for a few minutes. Check often.
4. Add all the masalas/spice mixes and the chopped tomatoes. Turn and mix the vegetable.
5. Cover and cook for a few minutes more. The tomatoes will turn mushy. Check if you can cut the kundru slice with a spoon. If you can do it easily, it means its done. If you cannot, it needs a little more cooking time.
6. Serve hot with Chapatis/ Rotis or pack in the Lunchbox/Tiffin.