- Cabbage - Chopped, 1 and 1/2 cup
- Peas- 1/2 cup (I used baby peas)
- Green chilies- 2, chopped finely
- Tomato- chopped, 1 medium sized.
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi) -1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds (rai)- 1/2 tsp
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Dhaniya powder (powdered coriander seeds)-1/2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala (optional)- 1/4 tsp
- Amchoor (dried mango powder)-1/4 tsp
- Heat water in a pan. Blanch the chopped cabbage in the water. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok (Kadhai).
- Add mustard seeds. When they start to splutter, add green chilies and turmeric powder.
- Follow by adding dhaniya powder.
- Add the cabbage and turn to coat well with the spices. Add salt. Cook for a minute or so.
- Add tomatoes and peas. Mix well, cover and let it cook on a slow flame for a few minutes.
- Add garam masala , mix, cover and cook again for a few min.
- Turn off the flame and sprinkle amchoor . Mix and cover for a few minutes.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves if you wish.
- Serve hot or cold as a side.
Since I used baby peas, it took less time to cook. If you are using fresh peas, then boil them in salted water for a while before adding them to the vegetable.