Another recipe introduced to me by my mother-in-law. Though it's a common recipe in northern India and Punjab during winters.
- Spinach/palak- washed, chopped- 250-300gm
- Soya/green dill - 1/2 cup
- Chana dal- 1 /2 katori about 50-60 gms
- Chopped garlic-3 cloves
- Ginger- 1 & 1/2 " piece, chopped
- Green chillies-2 chopped
- Chopped onion- 1 medium sized, chopped
- Tomatoes- 2 medium sized chopped
- Turmeric powder-1/2tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Heeng/asfoetida powder- 1/2 tsp
- Dhaniya/coriander seeds powder- 2 tsp
- Ghee- 2 tsp ( you can used unsalted butter also, instead)
- Mix all ingredients and put in the pressure cooker
- Cook for 10-15 min on high flame
- Cook for 20-25 min on a low flame
- After opening the cooker, blend it with a wooden mathni or just mix it thoroughly with a spoon so that it becomes smooth and paste like.
- You should ensure that Chana dal is mashed properly too.
- Serve hot with extra ghee on the top if required.