"Life is a combination of magic and Pasta"
I have a pasta cookbook, gifted by hubby. He knew that I loved pasta and so this book happened.
The recipes are good and somehow they turn out well even if I improvise ...simply because I don't have all ingredients at all times!
Ingredients (makes for 2)
- Onion-1 large, chopped
- Penne pasta- 250 gm, cooked in boiling water till al dante
- Garlic- 2 big cloves, crushed
- Tomatoes- 3 chopped fine (you can use ready-made paste or puree also, or sieve the tomatoes to remove seeds..I did neither)
- Parmesan cheese- 1/4 C, grated
- Kosher salt- 1 heaped tsp (you can use regular salt, but in less quantity)
- Basil leaves- 1 tbsp, chopped (you can add parsley or any other favorite herb)
- Butter- 2 spoons
- Tomato ketchup- 1 Tbsp
- Black Pepper- 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Melt the butter (I already love this!)
- Add the crushed Garlic. Fry for a minute.
- Add Onions, cook till soft and pink.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cook and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add Basil leaves. Add the cooked pasta. Add ketchup and mix.
- Adjust salt at this stage.
- Serve , sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Along with a nice Greek salad.