This is a very simple dish to make. I usually make it on days on which we are fasting. Sometimes its yummily paired with Bedmi poori (will post the recipe soon).
- Potatoes- 3, boiled, peeled and diced
- Tomatoes- 2
- Ginger- 1' piece
- Green chillies- 1-2 (depending on the heat you want in the curry)
- Ghee/ Clarified butter- 1tsp
- Jeera/Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Heeng/asafoetida- a pinch
- Dhaniya power/coriander seeds powder- 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1/4 tsp
- Haldi/ Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala- 1/4 tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp ( you can increase or decrease as per your taste)
- Grind tomatoes, ginger and green chilies together.
- Heat Ghee in a Kadhai.
- Add Heeng and jeera.
- When the Jeera sizzles and brown, add the ground tomato paste.
- Add all the spices and mix well. Lower the flame a little and let it cook till the oil leave sides.
- Add the potatoes and turn them in order to coat them with the cooked gravy. Add some water. Here you can decide the amount as per your need to have a thick or thin gravy.
- You can mash a few pieces of potatoes here to give texture to the gravy.
- Taste and adjust for salt.