I was on the soup making spree. Most of my soups were already known recipes..you see that I do a lot of blog reading. This was one of the my own experimental soups which turned out to be decently edible..:P
1. Leek- chopped 2 katori
2. Spring onions- chopped, 3/4 cup
3. Garlic cloves- 2 big, chopped
4. Olive oil - 1 tbsp
5. Parmesan cheese- grated, 1 tbsp
6. Potatoes- 1 katori
7. Broccoli - 6 big florets, separated and cut into small pieces
8. Salt to taste
9. Black pepper- 1 tsp
10. Cream - 50 gm
11. Water or vegetable stock
1. Heat oil in a tick bottomed pan/wok.
2. Sauté garlic and leek in it. Add potatoes and cook for a few minutes. The flame should be medium high.
3. Add broccoli and water or vegetable stock. Add salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper
4. Cover and cook till broccoli is tender and potatoes are cooked.
5. Remove from flame. Blend it.
6. Pour the blended ingredients into a pot and keep it on the gas stove at a medium- low flame.
7. Add cream and half of the spring onions.
8. Add cheese and stir till its mixed well.
9. Cover and cook for a few minutes. Add 1/2tsp black pepper.
10. Garnish with the rest of the spring onions and serve hot or warm.