My husband is really into healthy diet and stuff. We jog in the mornings, he does his push-ups, turn outs and meditation.
But, there is a problem. He has a sweet tooth and I'm learning to make cakes. Oops!
So, like a good wife, I serve salads with the meals which (thankfully!) he loves.
Here's the recipe which I made recently. Its simple to make and tastes good...and yes, you can omit the cheese if you want to.
1. Cucumber- 1, chopped
2. Spring onions- 2, chopped
3. Capsicum- chopped, 1 small
4. Fresh herbs- can use mint, cilantro, basil, parsley- chopped/torn
5. Olive oil- 2 tsp
6. Salt & pepper to taste
7. Crumbled cheese- can use feta or plain old amul cheese cubes- 1 tsp
8. Olives- 2-3, chopped
1. Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly.
2. Serve chilled or at room temperature.