I learnt this recipe from my mom long back. The only difference being that she used to fry it in the end while i decided to steam it. Its easy to make, tasty and can be made in a relatively short time.
1. Capsicum -2
2. Potatoes- 3 medium sized
3. Onions- chopped finely, 1/2 cup
4. Green chilies- 1, finely chopped
5. Salt to taste
6. Pepper-1/4 tsp
7. Red chilly powder-1/4 tsp
8. Amchoor (mango powder)- 1/4 tsp (optional)
1. Boil the potatoes.
2. Peel the potatoes and mash them. Mix all the spices, onion and green chilly.
3. Hollow out the capsicum by removing its stem portion and all the seeds inside.
4. Fill the potato mix inside the capsicum. Push till its full to it's capacity.
5. Place a grid in the pressure cooker, fill upto 2 cm water.
6. Place the stuffed capsicum on the grid and close the cooker. Keep on high flame.
7. Remove from flame after one whistle. Let it cool.
8. Open the pressure cooker and serve hot.
1. Pour tomato ketchup over it for a tangy flavour.
2. For a curried version, prepare the curry separately and pour it on the stuffed capsicum while serving.
3. Filling can be made by using cooked long grained rice instead of boiled potatoes.
4. If you have less potatoes, then use paneer along with it. Small chopped tomatoes can also be included.
5. You can top it up with grated cheese and reheat till the cheese melts, or just sprinkle cottage cheese (crumbled or grated) on it before serving hot.