- 1&1/2 cups chopped freash pineapple
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 2 Tbsp butter+ butter for greasing the baking tray
- 1 Tbsp chopped mixed nuts (optional)
- Combine the chopped pineapple with 1Tbsp of sugar and mix well. Keep the pan on fire and cook on slow fire till the fruit becomes soft.
- Combine the flour, oats, butter ,cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and remaining sugar and mix well using your fingers till the mix resembles bread crumbs.
- Spread the pineapple in the greased oven proof tray. Sprinkle the dry mixture evenly over this. Top with nuts.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 degree centigrade for 20-25 min. Till the topping is golden brown and serve hot.
An experiment with dessert.
I took a risk when we had guests over for dinner.
But, hey life is about taking risks…even foolish ones…:p
(psst... I had a backup plan, a tin of Rasgullas..;)
Thankfully, this Tarla Dalal recipe did not disappoint.
How to make: