Sooji upma is an amazing dish in itself. I love it. We make it almost every week as breakfast.
Here I'm giving a recipe which I have adapted to suit my baby's need. It's easy and made quickly. Moreover, it can be improvised to suit the taste of each child. It is one of the staples in my kitchen.
Ingredients for 1 serving
- Sooji - 2tsp
- Ghee/clarified butter- 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Jeera powder- 1 pinch
- Haldi/turmeric powder- 1 pinch
- Baby carrot-1 (boiled and mashed)
- Peas-5-6 (boiled and mashed)
- Onion- 1 tsp (grated)
- Water - 2 tbsp
- Take a thick bottomed wok/Kadhai and put it on the flame. Put ghee and let it melt.
- Boil the peas and peeled carrot in a pressure cooker and mash them. Do not drain any extra water.
- Add sooji to the ghee and roast till it smells cooked and is slightly golden brown.
- Add the onions , immediately follow by adding the mashed veggies and water.
- Add salt, Haldi and jeera powder.
- Combine everything and cook till it thickens on a medium low flame.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Other vegetables of your choice can also be added.