I know its a cake again...but one can never have enough cake recipes...right!?
Right. That's settled then.
It was my friend's birthday…that means i just had to bake a cake.
Plus women like chocolate , so I made a chocolate cake. (yippee!!)
Orange and chocolate is a winning combination, no second thoughts about it.
So I donned my apron and made this cake for her.
Orange chocolate eggless cake
- Flour/maida/whole wheat flour (take any one)- 1 &1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder- 1/3 cup
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Brown sugar- 3/4 cup
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Butter- 75 gm (you can use 5 Tbsp olive oil also…I used butter)
- Orange marmalade- 1/4 cup
- Orange juice- 1 cup
- Orange extract- 1 tsp
- Pre-heat the oven at 150 degrees Centigrade. Prepare the pan by greasing it with butter and dusting with flour (you can use cocoa powder to dust it too).
- Take all the dry ingredients and mix in a bowl.
- Mix juice, marmalade and melted butter in another bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the dry ingredient mix to the wet ingredients and mix well. Add the rest of the dry ingredients , mix well.
- Add orange extract and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and keep it in the oven for 40-45 min or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake before cutting. You can dust it with icing sugar.