- Pita bread- 4
- Cucumber- 1, chopped
- Tomato- 1 big and firm, chopped
- Capsicum- 1, chopped
- Red Onion-1 small, chopped
- Hummus- 4 tbsp
- Olive oil- 2 tsp+ some to drizzle on salad
- Lettuce- 4 leaves, washed
- Salt-to taste
- Pepper-to taste
- Red chili powder- 1 or 2 pinch
- Take all chopped veggies in a bowl, add salt and pepper to it. Drizzle a little olive oil on it.Herbs are optional. You can add mint, basil or thyme or whatever you fancy. I did add a little bit of dried sweet basil.
- Take hummus and pour olive oil on it with little red chili powder and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Take pita bread and spread hummus on it. Sprinkle vegetable salad on the centre, cover with lettuce and now fold the bread from both sides and the edges.
- Heat a skillet or tava. Place the sandwiches on it and then lower the flame. Cook until toasted well.
- Serve hot…no need for any other sauces unless you are a ketchup freak…:P
I realized that my blog is flooded with cake and dessert recipes….not fair, since these are not the everyday cooking experiments which I undertake.
Let's change that.
Let's talk about sandwiches…everybody likes them. Easy to make and generally healthy ( no frying etc.).
Sandwiches are something which we make at least 2 times in a week for breakfast or brunch….or just like that.
Regular white bread sandwiches are common and they taste good, but we (yup, my hubby gave the idea!) decided to change it a little and take Pita bread/Lebanese bread for our sandwich..which is like a rolled up, stuffed with veggies sandwich.
Ingredients (for 4 sandwiches)